Tuesday, May 7, 2013

{beginning to breathe again}


I can't honestly claim to have any connected trains of thoughts right now, but here are a few scraps:

    Regionals is over. It's nice to breathe again. We got home Saturday, and I spent the afternoon wandering in the greenbelt with the camera which belongs to my mother but has been kidnapped by me.
 


(this one is edited a bit)

 
 
Normally I don't care for taking pictures of flowers and trees. I like taking pictures of people, because they have faces and faces mean stories. I love trying to capture personalities. But flowers are nice and still if you want to relax. And the squirrel definately acted like he had personality.

 

Here are a few thinks I've jotted down in my notebook, things I've been thinking about:

    "Could I die? Could I bear the pain of flames crawling up, burning slowly limb by limb, a worm with searing, gnawing teeth? Would I throw myself before the bullet or let fall the guillotine blade without a quiver? I think I would. But would I love enough to surrender mundane everyday? To deny myself the comforts of my flesh? Perhaps not. And maybe that is where the martyr truly lies: a grave of minutes and appearances and preferences relinquished for love of One who needs them not but deserves them all."

       Isaiah 51:12-13: "I, I am He who comforts you; who are you that you are afraid of man who dies, of the son of man who is made like grass, and have forgotten the Lord, your Maker, who stretched out the Heavens and laid the foundations of the earth?"

"I will boast in You because I embrace what You hate
And You love me anyway.
Because I every day doubt your faithfulness,
But You are still faithful.
Because I look to physical idols for satisfaction,
Yet You still offer me joy.
Because I am hopelessly weak and broken,
But You are willing to repair me and use me.
Because I run away but You,
 In Your infinite wisdom and grace,
Insist on pulling me home to Your heart."

3 comments:

  1. We should take our cameras out for a spin together. :) I could bring Hannah too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful flowers! Wow, man, that's such a convicting thought about martyrdom. I struggle with both the living and the dying. And I really identify with the last paragraph. God is so faithful even when I am not.

    Christina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is, and I think that's the most comforting thing about Him-He never fails! I miss you.

      Delete