Friday, May 18, 2012

A Fairy Tale


This is my latest art project :)

I experimented with a more whimsical pen and watercolor style, and I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.

When I showed this to my parents, the conversation was as follows:

Dad: Wow! That's impressive! I love how you did the colors on the dragons' wings-the one in the front.

Mom: Yeah, it makes them look iradescent.

Me: That's a pegasus. [headbang]


If you think my pretty purple pegasus looks like a dragon, please pretend you don't. (Notice the alliteration!)

7 comments:

  1. Aubrey!! You're an amazing artist! Anddddd... I kinda sorta really love your blog and shall ready it as often as you post. :) Thank you for commenting on mine! It means so much to me that you would read it. :)

    -Katy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I didn't think it was a dragon... Most people don't hug dragons. ;)

    I can't wait to show the kids your artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, thanks Katy :) Same to you!!

    And Mrs. Franklin, tell me what the kids say :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Aubrey,
    Love your blog. it is awesome. im going to tell everyone that i know to go to your blog. it is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay, seriously? you might need to come over and give my kiddos a few art lessons. I'm not kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I'd love that :)

    Although, to be perfectly honest, this picture took EFFORT for me. I'm not a natural artist. (Not to mention that's the first decent looking horse I've drawn in my entire life :P)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is clearly a pegasus; dragons are much fiercer looking, and less...fluffy. :) I think my favorite part might be the lion, his mane makes me want to pet him.

    Stefanie

    ReplyDelete