Monday, May 14, 2012

Hello!

Hello Everybody!

I'm Aubrey. If you are looking at this blog, you probably know me already. If not, and you have accidentally stumbled across it, you have experienced serendipity.;) I'm delighted to meet you.

Basically, I'm absolutely elated to have a blog! This is my first. I'll probably post every other day or so, until the excitement settles down and the charm of it wears away. After that, who knows. It will be an adventure.

My goal is to make everything I post here worthwhile and glorifying to God-keep me accountable! I imagine there will be quite an interesting mixture. A few updates on my life and writing, enthusiastic book reccomendations mixed with vehement anti-reccomendations, photography, art, and thoughts on things like worship, prayer, friendships, loneliness, etc.

I do so solemnly swear...

1. NOT to turn this into a "me" blog, in which I always talk about nothing but myself. This is terribly easy to do.

2. NOT to write protracted posts. None of those endless ramblings that you put down when you can't think of anything eles to say...nope! Although, just to make it easier on myself, I won't define "rambling" ;)

3. NOT to try to be funny. I usually end up embarassing myself and creating awkward moments when I do this.

Before I conclude this introduction, some of you might be wondering about the title. It's from my favorite book, C. S. Lewis's brilliant retelling of the Greek myth Cupid and Psyche. I will not allow myself to say another word about it, because you MUST read it for yourself! Suffice it to say that you will not set it down unchanged.

Please read my blog-stick with me through the early stages until I start writing things worth reading, if I ever do. And comment. It will make my day.

Until We Have Faces,
Aubrey

6 comments:

  1. Hey girlfriend. this blog rocks! keep on rollin this page. luvin it:p

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe, thx, you're awesome :) Luv u!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This certainly looks interesting! I look forward to your future posts :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great start! I look forward to reading along... Thanks for the invite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Comments?!?! Yay! Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete